Monday, January 17, 2011

Project 365 Day 17 + Brightening

So winter in the North is not easy. At it's worst, the sun sets at 4:12pm, what sun you get is extremely weak, and November/December have the lowest amount of sun hours per month because it is constantly cloudy.

I like things to try and keep touches of "life" in my house since we can't have the windows open when it is 0 degrees out. This is an amaryllis that I was given for Christmas coming to the end of its first bloom, with another few to go before it hibernates.

I need to get a few more plants of some sort, but for now, this pretty, vibrant, colorful plant is my friend.


2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I remember when you had that minutes of sunshine calendar a few years ago. It was nice knowing that each day we were getting several more minutes of sunshine. One day didn't seem like much, but each week made a difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Casey, I still have that calender here and up on the fridge. I print it off every month. We are up to a 4:40pm sunset now haha. By the end of the month it finally hits 5pm again.

    ReplyDelete