Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Project 365 Day 12 + Snow Storm

So I live in Vermont. Most people would associate Vermont + January with snow. I always had before I moved to the town in which I live now. For some reason, we seem to miss nearly all the storms, summer and winter. If it snows the town 10 miles away gets 3 feet and we get 3 inches. In the summer we can hear thunderstorms and see them, but they break on either side of us. I am not quite sure why, I know there must be some reason, but we never get the same brunt of the storm that the rest of the state does.

Example, that big storm that is hitting Boston/ NYC today, it is making its way up here. Right now the view out my front window looks like this...notice the total lack of fresh snow.



This is a screen shot taken from the highway near where my mom lives about 70/80 miles away. Taken maybe 2 minutes after I took the photo above.



Now, admittedly the storm is moving south to north, however, we are expected to get MAYBE 3-6 inches from the same storm. I would put my money on maybe 2 inches where I live. A large amount of the state is predicted to get 6-12+ inches of snow and I am sure we will come out nearly unscathed.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you could have had my drive home today for FREE! Craziness out there! Brushed about 10" off our car after school today. Scary to think some of our students were driving home in those conditions-

    ReplyDelete
  2. No doubt Sandy. I have ZERO interest in driving in the snow! I do admit since I posted this we got some snow but we still only have maybe 4 inches here at my house...it is windy and drifty but not a ton of snow.

    ReplyDelete