Sunday, January 23, 2011

Couch to 5K Update

Well people.

I am afraid I have to say...I stopped the C25K plan.

My knees weren't tolerating it at all. It got to the point where my knees were giving out going up the stairs, not to mention the pain.

I know I was running "correctly" on my feet. I tried a couple of different shoes. I tried an ace bandage on the worst knee (my left, the one that is always evil).

I was getting nowhere. My husband said I had to "push through" the pain but the reality is a knee that decides to give out whenever it pleases isn't so great when you carry (heavy) children up and downstairs on a daily basis.

So, I am not sure where this leaves me. I can walk. I can do yoga. I can even manage to do 30 Day Shred. For whatever reason my knees don't like running (at least on the treadmill). I might try again this spring when I can run outdoors, maybe it won't be as hard on the knees.

*Sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment