Thursday, May 26, 2011

Questions about Atheism?

I admit, it has been awhile since I have posted. Spring time means more outside time and busy children so I haven't had a lot of time.

I have been trying to decide what to post about and I saw one of my friends blogs where people were asking her about atheism and how it affected her life in various ways. Being that she was from Canada it is slightly different than here in the US, but it was still an interesting thing to read.

So sorry Julie, but I am "stealing" your blog idea.

I am going to leave this blog post up for a week or so and let people ask questions that they may have about atheism. Now, I don't claim to be an expert on the subject but I can tell you about my experiences and I do have resources to find the answers to questions that I am not sure about (and will reference them as needed).

So go ahead, if you have ever had a question about atheism, ask. In a week or so, should I get any questions, I will write a post answering them for you.

3 comments:

  1. 1- What was your upbringing like? Were you raised agnostic?

    2- At what point in your life were you able to put the label of agnostic on your beliefs? What events (if any) led to that?

    3- What do you want me to know about you and your beliefs?

    4- Are there things I do in my day-to-day life (apart from the obvious prayer before meal type situations) in which I am pushing my (general my) beliefs on you without realizing it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1- what is the point of anyone being alive if we are just to die and go no where?

    2- How can you be sure that there is NO god? because we are talking about atheism not agnostic.

    3- Is there a way to prove to people that there is NO God?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the foundation for morality for an atheist? How can an atheist fight for certain standards and values (i.e., liberty, equality, protection for children, etc)? In other words where do these standards come from and how can they be expected of others?

    ReplyDelete