Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Getting Through Winter

I have mentioned, on a few occasions, that winter sucks for me. At this point I am counting down the days to when it *might* start getting warm again. We currently have about 2.5 feet of snow here, which is enough that without snowshoes (which I don't own) I can't even walk around my lawn with anything that resembles ease. I will also admit, that while I am sad we had to find a new home for the dog, and I miss her, I am kind of glad I don't have to see how she does in 2.5 feet of snow.

My mailbox is covered. Every time the plow comes by I have to dig it out. Again. We got another 5ish inches of snow last night so my husband will be coming straight home from work and snow blowing, again.

This here, this is my attempt at keeping my sanity through the winter. Just a stupid little candle right? I have four of them right now: Sparkling Mojito, Lilac Blossom, Fresh Lemon, and Caribbean Escape.

They may only be candles, but they bring some bright smells into my otherwise not bright house. They are the scents of summer and spring to remind me that I know spring is coming, it does every year, and that I just need to make it through the rest of February before we start seeing hints of spring and the sun starts feeling just a bit warmer on your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment