Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Great Paint Debate!

So we have lived here for almost 2 years now and I am getting tired of the paint that came with the place (mostly just white). I have slowly been painting rooms as I am able...both the kids bedrooms, the playroom, and the downstairs bathroom. I have had free range to pick the colors for those rooms and my husband hasn't said a word.

I am working on picking a color for the livingroom as well probably going to settle on a light yellow-ish color because it gets very little sun light and has a lot of dark wood.

The debate part you ask? I want to paint my bedroom purple. All of a sudden husband has input. He doesn't approve of a purple bedroom. Why? I have no idea. He isn't a manly man, he doesn't care that our son wanders about in tutus or carrying purses, he isn't very set on gender role issues...but for whatever reason, as soon as I said purple bedroom he said NO. Meanwhile, the only time he sees the bedroom is at night when it is dark the room could be magenta and he wouldn't know it.

So now I have to decide if I just ignore him and know paint isn't permanent or try to come up with some other color I love just as much.

The color I am thinking about is the one called "Your Highness". I was tempted to go to the one just a smidge darker than that but I know once it is on the walls it will look darker so I went up a color scale. It seems like the *perfect* color for a sunny bedroom. It does look a *little* more gray in this photo than it actually is, but there are gray undertones in there.

2 comments:

  1. All I have to say, is congrats for painting now :) We've been here for 8 years and are now only painting for the first time, in preparation to sell!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does he have a reason for saying no to it? Maybe he just doesn't like the color. Maybe he doesn't think it's too girly or anything but just dislikes it. Does he have any suggestions? I would tell him he can't object unless he can also suggest something else.

    ReplyDelete